Friday, January 31, 2014

Authorization problem for Facebook in HTC One X

I recently started receiving error of "Authorization problem" on my HTC One X with my Facebook app. It seemed that HTC Sense was not able to access my Facebook account and this error message continually popped up in my notification.


I tried to uninstall and install my Facebook app, removed HTC Sense from my connected apps in Facebook account but nothing seemed to work. Then it struck me that HTC has an app called "Facebook for HTC Sense" which might be the source of this issue. And I was right.

To resolve this issue go to "Settings > Apps" and inside it go to "All" tab. Search for 'Facebook' and you should be shown two results.


Tap on "Facebook for HTC Sense". Inside app info tap on "Clear data" and "Clear cache" buttons. Now try to access Facebook again and give the required access to HTC Sense. And everything goes back to the way it was.

2 comments:

  1. I tried this more than 10 times.
    And still the same problem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try signing out of Facebook and then clear cache and date for Facebook for HTC Sense. You can even try to clear it for Facebook app as well to start with clean slate.

      Delete