Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Set server and enable/disable of an agent from Notes client

Some time back while updating agent properties using a web helper agent I had messed up big time. I had posted my problem on Lotus Notes/Domino 8.5 forum and Paul K Smerdon replied with suggestion of using @Command([AgentSetServerName]; <Agent name>; <Server name>).

Basically, just create a new button on your toolbar and add the AgentSetServerName command to it specifying the agent name. Now select the database in your workspace and click on the button you just made. It will show you a dialog box where you can select the server on which you want the agent to run.


And that's it! You're done. That too without going through the "Building project structure..." in DDE. Exploring  the Help a bit more I found @Command([AgentEnableDisable]; <Agent name>; <Enable state>) to enable/disable the agent.

Now I am smacking my head for not knowing these commands. Of course if you have Lotus Notes 7 then you can just select database in your workspace and click on "View > Agents" and it opens the agent design element list right inside your Notes client.

No comments:

Post a Comment