Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dash search in Ubuntu / Unity

When I first upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04 I took an instant disliking to its new desktop environment - Unity. But sadly I was really out of choice as GNOME 3 was even more disappointing (they even decided to do way with minimize and maximize buttons). Unity in Ubuntu 11.10 was a bit improved but still I hated the interface. But now, I have kind of got used to it and discovered this new thing in Dash search.

In Unity you can search for applications in Dash, but what I didn't know that you could also search inside applications. Basically I wanted to change the theme so I went to Dash and searched for "theme" and look what it gave me in results.


Basically in "Appearance" you set the "Theme".


I tried another term "default" and it gave me this.


And in "System Info" you set the "Default Applications".


I tried some more terms and here are the results.


So I guess Unity is not that bad after all... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment